Wiltshire - Group Holiday 2022-09-16
2022 - Fri Sep 16th
Neil 07411 811093
Meet: Wiltshire Area
, Salisbury Plain SU 11302 55933 OS Map:
Wiltshire Group Holiday.
Five thousand five hundred years of history ...
Henges, barrows, canals, railways and ancient woodlands.
Nine days walking from Saturday 17th to Sunday 25th September.
The terrain includes hills from 300 to 670 ft ascent and descent.
This is only slightly more strenuous than the Shellingford series.
Please book your own accommodation in the area.
There is no obligation to attend all nine walks.
Arrive and depart when you like to suit your commitments.
THE WALKS SEPTEMBER 2022
10 a.m. starts. 2p.m. on the Queen's funeral Monday.
5 to 8.5 mile walks.
1) Sat 17, Great Bedwyn and Crofton Pumping Station, Canal and Rail - 7.7 Miles.
2) Sun 18, Calne and Bowood Lake - 8.4 Miles
3) Mon 19, Avebury, Silbury and West Kennett - 5 Miles. 2 p.m. start.
4) Tue 20, Pewsey Downs and the White Horse Trail - 7.5 Miles.
5) Wed 21, Amesbury and Stonehenge - 8.5 Miles.
6) Thu 22, Calstone Down. A faded white horse. Shorter but hilly - 6.5 Miles.
7) Fri 23, Savernake Ancient Forest - 7 Miles
8) Sat 24, Devizes, The canal and another white horse - 7.5 miles.
9) Sun 25, West Woods - 7 Miles
The photos in this guide were taken in late November. Everything should be greener when we visit!
The walks ascend and descend from 300 to 670 feet. For comparison, a typical Suffolk walk might have 150 feet of ascent and descent.
Rural Rambles: Wiltshire
Copyright © 2023 Waveney Ramblers.