Welcome to the Waveney and District Group of the Ramblers
The Ramblers is a registered charity (England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no. SC039799) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales (no. 4458492). Registered office: 2nd Floor, Camelford House, 87-90 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TW.
Waveney and District Group of the Ramblers
The Waveney group organises walks, special events, holidays and fund raisers. Most of our walks are near the river Waveney. We often head south and east towards the coast. Some of our walks overlap with the Southern Norfolk group.
Our programme is intended for Ramblers' members but non-member guests are always welcome to come along for occasional "taster walks" before needing to join. Walkers from other Ramblers' groups are
always welcome and we have occasionally welcomed guests from overseas.
- We have a "No Dogs" policy but registered assistance dogs are always welcome.
- Many of our walks can be difficult for dogs. There may be stiles, gates, cattle or slippery board-walks.
- Please contact the walk leader beforehand to check for potential difficulties and possible route adaptations.
- If any dog enthusiasts would like to plan and lead dog-friendly walks, please contact our walks programme manager.
Our walks are listed on the this site and also on the national Ramblers website.
8 Day Guide - All Norfolk and Suffolk. This relies on local groups uploading their walks to the national
ramblers' website which most usually do.
Our programme includes a range of walks and events and new ideas are always welcome.
- Wednesdays: Walks typically 4 to 6 miles and sometimes there's a second longer option. Often we go for a pub lunch afterwards.
- Sundays: Walks typically 8 to 12 miles. Walkers bring a picnic lunch. Sometimes there is a shorter afternoon walk.
- One off walks on other days, for example to celebrate Christmas, New Year or just because we like walking.
- Early and late walks visiting dawn and sunset.
- Fund raiser walks ...
- Tea parties
- Delicious puddings
- Soup and roll
- Buffet lunch
- Linear walks: We use public transport to get to the start.
- Coach walks: Short, medium and long walks with a coach to the start point/s.
- 2019 September 29th, 7 days - Stewton near Louth, Lincolnshire - Contact Jean: 01502 568710
- 2020 January 9th, 28 days- Tenerife - Contact Neil: 01986 893023 - Non ramblers, privately organised
- 2020 April 24th, 7 days - Shellingford, Oxfordshire - Contact Diana: 01986 781457 - Non ramblers, privately organised
New Ideas are Welcome - but walk leaders need to volunteer
- OWLS. Shorter slower paced walks for "oldies with less speed" or for anyone regaining fitness after an accident, illness or just laziness.
- If you have a new idea, why not plan a walk and promote it in our programme? It might just catch on.
Join the Ramblers
Waveney ramblers is a part of the national Ramblers' organisation.
To join please visit the Ramblers Website. Members
select a local group but can walk with any of the UK Ramblers' groups.
If you change your address, please inform The Ramblers, at 020 3961 3232 or email email@example.com