The Ramblers is a registered charity (England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no. SC039799) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales (no. 4458492). Registered office: The Ramblers, 1 Clink Street, 3rd Floor, London, SE1 9DG.
Waveney and District Group of the Ramblers
Waveney Ramblers helps local people enjoy walking and protecting the countryside.
Coronavirus: We are following national and Ramblers guidance to stay safe.
The Waveney group organises walks, special events, and fund raisers. Most of our walks are near the river Waveney. We often head south and east towards the coast. Some of our walks overlap with the Southern Norfolk group.
During Covid-19 some of our walks are restricted to Waveney group members. In normal times, our programme is intended for any Ramblers' members but non-member guests are welcome to come along for occasional "taster walks" before needing to join. Walkers from other Ramblers' groups are always welcome and we have occasionally welcomed
guests from overseas.
- We have a "No Dogs" policy but registered assistance dogs are always welcome.
- Many of our walks can be difficult for dogs. There may be stiles, gates, cattle or slippery board-walks.
- Please contact the walk leader beforehand to check for potential difficulties and possible route adaptations.
- We'd be happy for dog enthusiasts to plan and lead dog-friendly walks. Please contact our walks programme manager.
Our walks are listed on the this site and also on the national Ramblers website.
- Wednesdays: Walks typically 4 to 6 miles and sometimes there's a second longer option. Often we go for a pub lunch afterwards.
- Thursdays: Themed walks. From March 2019 we walked the "Waveney Way". From March 2020 we'll follow the "Sandlings Path".
- Sundays: Walks typically 8 to 12 miles. Walkers bring a picnic lunch. Sometimes there is a shorter afternoon walk.
- One off walks on other days, for example to celebrate Christmas, New Year or just because we like walking.
- Early and late walks visiting dawn and sunset.
- Fund raiser walks ...
- Tea parties
- Delicious puddings
- Soup and roll
- Buffet lunch
- Linear walks: We use public transport to get to the start.
- Coach walks: Short, medium and long walks with a coach to the start point/s.
- Walking Programmes "Out-of-Area"
- 2020 April 24th, 7 days - Shellingford, Oxfordshire - 7 Day Programme - Contact: Diana and Barry 01986 781457
New Ideas are Welcome - but walk leaders need to volunteer
- OWLS. Shorter slower paced walks for "oldies with less speed" or for anyone regaining fitness after an accident, illness or just laziness.
- Fast Walks. The aim is to get aerobic exercise at a brisk pace close to 4 mph.
- If you have a new idea, why not plan a walk and promote it in our programme? It might just catch on.
Join the Ramblers
Waveney ramblers is a part of the national Ramblers' organisation.
To join please visit the Ramblers Website. Members select a local group but can walk with any of the UK Ramblers' groups.
If you change your address, please inform The Ramblers, at 020 3961 3232 or email email@example.com